If you're here, you'd probably know who I am, won't you?
So on to more important things.
Like the fact that if you do not like what's written here, you can always visit other vague, random, mushy, lovey-dovey blogs which are more to your taste.
Hmmmm. Yeah.
Y Thursday, October 09, 2008
I am currently reading Exit Music by Ian Rankin, which happens to be the last book that will be written by him about DI John Rebus, and I can't put the book down. I still haven't found some of the books in the series, so my knowledge of the series isn't totally complete, but Ian Rankin is one fucking good writer! So if any of you have no idea what to do with your time, read his books.
Next up is some Young Bond book by Charlie Higson. If I'm not wrong, the title is By Royal Command. I have no idea how is it I can find the time to read all these books with the studying I'm doing.
Unearth's new album is out now, and it sounds great. Straight up metal, with a hell lot of nice riffs, and I like it when they do that tempo-change thingy, from blast-beats and double-time shizz, to sudden downtempo movements. And when they're riffing or playing breakdowns, and halfway through they suddenly slow it down. Perfect for headbanging! Trivium's new album is out too, though I can't say I really like it that much. The instrumentals are nice and everything, but ever since Matt switched from screaming to that nonsense spoken-word trash metal vocal style (sort of like Slayer), all the songs sound like crap. Sheesh. Maybe he should just stick to screaming, because the new vocal segments destroys all the good work done by the guitarists and drummer.
I think I'm going crazy. For the past half-an-hour, I've been playing only two songs on repeat; "You and Me" by Lifehouse, and "About A Girl" by The Academy Is..... . So basically, I've been constantly switching from fighting back tears when listening to the former, to dancing madly around the living room when listening to the latter. Thank God no one's home, because my mom will just use this as another way metal has turned me crazy and how it will adversely affect my life. Never mind, that TAI and Lifehouse aren't metal bands in the first place.
4 weeks more until I can resume watching Gossip Girls, and CSI:NY. Pfffffft.