If you're here, you'd probably know who I am, won't you?
So on to more important things.
Like the fact that if you do not like what's written here, you can always visit other vague, random, mushy, lovey-dovey blogs which are more to your taste.
Hmmmm. Yeah.
Y Saturday, October 04, 2008
The whole point of Hari Raya Aidilfitri is to celebrate the fact that you managed to fast a whole month prior to that and also abstain from doing bad stuff.
So it comes as a surprise that people who did not even bother to fast are celebrating this special month along with the rest of us who DID fast.
Or maybe it isn't.
It just reflects the state of our society in which shamelessness has become a virtue, and wearing flashy baju kurung, a thousand bangles on your wrists, and coloured contact lenses can distract people from the fact that a person did not carry out his or her (i'm quoting my GP teacher here) "religious duties".
Has this whole month lost its meaning then?
And who would have expected that I'd be talking about this issue.
Anyway, to those of you who bothered fasting for the whole of Ramdhan, I hope you have a great month ahead.
On a lighter note, I've finally purchased my ticket to Avenged Sevenfold. So see those of you who are going on the 24th October at Max Pavilion! Hahaha. I'm tingling with anticipation at seeing the band upclose and personal.
"I'm not insane, I'm not insane..........." "Come back to me, it's almost easy!"