If you're here, you'd probably know who I am, won't you?
So on to more important things.
Like the fact that if you do not like what's written here, you can always visit other vague, random, mushy, lovey-dovey blogs which are more to your taste.
Hmmmm. Yeah.
Y Saturday, December 20, 2008
So just now, I went for this gig called Metalfest at Odiocrib. And the room which they played in was half the size of my living room.
That did not stop people from headbanging insanely and moshing like it depended on their lives during the sets. And somehow, I had the stamina to keep igniting moshing right up to the end of the gig at 10pm.
WOOHOO.
The best part was the cheap 5 bucks that I had to fork out for the tickets. Thank God it was cheap, because i ended up listening to only 4 bands.
Stillborn was GOOD. Death metal vocals were executed perfectly, and the instrumentals were excellent.
Mesmara had a female vocalist doing death metal-esque vocals, and they were great with the breakdowns.
Iridium was INSANE. I'd always thought that anyone trying to cover Stratovarius would end up screwing up beyond their mom's wildest nightmare. But the singer pulled of every falsetto and high note, and the guitarist was insane with the solos in Black Diamond, Speed Of Light, and Thundersteel. And the best part is, they were middle-aged Malay rockers who were already fathers, and their extremely young children were standing in the room watching them with us!
And last but not least, POLARIX. Last band and last chance to go completely insane. And that was what we did. Moshing to Raining Blood and Battery, and headbanging hard to the riffs in Die By The Sword, Seek And Destroy, etc.
Despite the room feeling like a sauna, and people fainting from the lack of oxygen, it was the best fun I've had in ages.
And a happy, sweat-soaked, dizzy Dynn took bus number 12 home later at night.