2009.
And with it comes the nervous feeling of anticipation in the pit of my stomach, and the absolute farce that is Channel 5's New Year's Eve Countdown.
Only one paragraph into the post and I'm already digressing.
2008 was a surprisingly good year.
There was Orientation Night, where I got screamed at by Dawn Ng for igniting an insane mosh pit and going crazy in it myself. Memories.
There was Avenged Sevenfold!
There was Manifestasi, which was an astounding success. And the fact that I actually played a part in it, from being in the Executive Committee as the head of Public Relations, to being on stage on D-Day. I still miss Satria Kirana and acting, and E.A Wise will forever live on in my memory. Hahaha. British ass.
And speaking of ass, who can forget Punggung Paling Oomph?
The there were new friends to make. People whom I'd never bothered to stop and say hello to back in Victoria School turning into good friends. Same thing for those people whom I'd never heard of but knew existed. Not to forget my own classmates, some of whom i hardly spoke to in 2007. That's not even mentioning all the people I met during the production of Manifestasi.
I guess one of the greatest things about 2008 was the friends.
But as the saying goes, you can't have your cake and eat it. Though whoever created that saying must have had chronic indecisiveness. Or possibly some form of mental illness, because it just doesn't make sense.
Yet again, I digress.
All the backstabbing, the two-faced behaviour, the workplace politics, and tension between different cliques and whatnot. As much as i hate it and wished this kind of stuff did not have to happen, it did, it does, and it will continue happening no matter where I go. It's about time I accepted that fact.
And then there were the extremely flirty girls at work (though that wasn't strictly a bad experience), and all those questioning my friendship with certain people.
The nightmare which was A Levels. No elaboration needed on that, though I have to say, nightmare is in all probability an understatement of a lifetime.
Yet, I find myself entering 2009 feeling melancholic.
Wistful.
Saturnine.
So here are my 2009 resolutions:
1) Keep abstaining from smoking.
2)Keep abstaining from drinking.
3)Keep abstaining from pornography. (This is a bit of a LOL, but yeah.)
4)Make full use of my time in NS, and try to become an officer. I know this is a bit if a tall order, but you never know unless you try.
5)Don't be a desperate skirt-chaser. I know that in the last half of 2007 and the whole of 2008, I've completely ceased all skirt-chasing activities. Still, it's good to remind yourself not to repeat certain things and end up in embarrassing and unwanted situations once again.
6)Attain my driving license by the end of the year.
7)Don't give up on learning the guitar once I've started.
8) Try to be that slight bit more religious. I haven't prayed 5 times a day in ages, and God knows when was the last time I did anything remotely related to Him. Hahaha. God knows. The irony of it all.
9)I will stick to my New year's Resolutions like glue.
And therein ends my resolution for 2009.
May all of you out there have a great year ahead in family, friendship, and love.
The year is only 2 hours old and I'm already having an intellectual conversation about pornography with Umar.
Life goes on.