If you're here, you'd probably know who I am, won't you?
So on to more important things.
Like the fact that if you do not like what's written here, you can always visit other vague, random, mushy, lovey-dovey blogs which are more to your taste.
Hmmmm. Yeah.
Y Saturday, January 31, 2009
As recent as 3 years ago, I was obsessed with listening only to metal, and I would view people who listened to any other genre of music with disdain and (possibly?) contempt. I wouldn't have allowed songs by bands like Simple Plan to bypass my eardrums, because I thought they were crap.
On second thought, Simple Plan is a bad example, because I still think they're crap, and I wouldn't listen to them even if I had to choose between their music and being force-fed elephant faeces.
Anyway, the point is I wouldn't have listened to any other genre of music at that point of time.
If you'd told me to listen to Anberlin, I'd probably have shoved Iron Maiden's "Fear Of The Dark" up your anus.
And yet, I find myself bopping my head now to Anberlin's "Feel Good Drag", off their newest album, New Surrender.
As the cliche goes, life is full of surprises.
And that isn't the only song from them I'm listening to.
Having said that, though.
METAL FOR LIFE!
Nothing can ever replace metal when it comes to making the angry, sad, disappointed, or depressed feel much, much, MUCH, better.