I have a dream.
Take that, Martin Luther King, Jr.
But seriously, I've been having this recurring dream for the past 2 months. And in this dream, there's this girl with jet-black shoulder-length hair, kohl-lined eyes, and dressed in black from head to toe. And we're walking along the beach, or running in the rain, or sitting on some railings at the end of Bedok Jetty.
And talking.
Foreshadowing, possibly some form of symbolism? Because, I have never in my life seen this girl before, and suddenly, she's laying siege on my subconscious.
And the most annoying thing is, her features are never clearly defined, so I can never remember what she looks like without there being a trace of ambiguity in my memory of her.
I just know that somewhere up there, God is chuckling to himself, because he's really amused by this situation which obviously he had some part to play in.
Me? I'm just bemused.